If ever there were an on-mountain amusement park, this would be it. Adventure Ridge at Eagle’s Nest at the top of the gondola offers family-friendly activities for the young and young-at-heart! Open from mid-December through April from 2-9pm, it’s also the perfect hang out teens after a day on the mountain.
Here's a look at what is available...
- Tubing – Music, long lanes and a brand new covered lift this season! Tubing is by the hour on a first come, first served basis. Adrenaline rush guaranteed!
- Ski Biking – If tubing doesn’t get your heart pumping, this will. Take the wheels of the bike, replaces with skis and you’ve got ski biking. After a brief lesson, your guide will take you from Eagle’s Nest to Lionshead through the trees and down the ski runs. It’s a blast, but we would suggest having a sense of adventure. This is not for the timid or faint of heart.
- Kid’s Snowmobile – There is nothing more adorable than watching cute little tykes cruise the “Blizzard Speedway” on specially crafted mini-snowmobiles. The kids like it, too!
- Bungee Trampoline – Your child can bring out his or her inner gymnast at 10,000’. Big flips and big air are easy (and safe) on the bungee trampoline.
- Snowshoeing – There are both 3pm daily tours and 7-8:30pm specially scheduled Moonlight Tours at the Nature Discovery Center. Identify animal tracks and discover the quiet as you go off the beaten path on Vail Mountain. Tours are free.
- Nature at Night – Learn about the nightly habits of the creatures who call Vail Mountain home like cats, owls and weasels. These free informative sessions take place Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6pm in the Nature Discovery Center.
- Bistro Fourteen – Casual, friendly dining at Eagle’s Nest. Come in from the cold for cocktails and apps or a delicious dinner. When you’re warm enough, grab a hot chocolate or coffee and enjoy by the fire pit out under the stars.